The MSA 1850 MPEG Service Analyzer enables engineers to analyze compressed audio, video, and data services on any terrestrial broadcast, cable head-end, satellite, or telco network. To ensure that operators always have the right physical inputs, the MSA 1850 comes standard with ASI, SMPTE310M, 8-VSB, QAM, and Ethernet connections. It provides detailed transport stream and physical layer analysis for complete system confidence all in a field-ready, ruggedized chassis. Using a multi-layer approach, the MSA 1850 reports the transport stream status on the physical layer, protocol, and audio/video levels. It also monitors quality of service parameters in an easy-to-understand manner, enabling even non-MPEG experts to make accurate decisions and maximize service availability.
To ease the challenges of relating transport stream errors with actual signal degradations, the MSA 1850 presents information using straight-forward thumbnails, audio and video alarms, closed caption decoding, along with a reconstructed program guide. With these intuitive displays, any user can have the right tool to check and understand the impact of any error. For even greater levels of detail, an MPEG expert can connect to the MSA 1850 and view table syntax, monitor for TR 101 290 and ATSC A/78 errors, access error logs, and make stream recordings.
- Centralized analysis of terrestrial broadcast, cable, or telco signals
- Local and remote monitoring with intuitive web interface
- HD and SD MPEG2 and H.264 support along with 4:2:2 MPEG2
- Remote video streaming of MPEG2 video
- TR 101 290 and optional ATSC A/78 monitoring
- Closed caption decoding display for both MPEG2 and H.264
- Optional advanced Ethernet input provides enhanced Ethernet view
- Database logging for statistics and errors
- Large transport stream and Ethernet captures
- SNMP monitoring and control
- Video format, frame rate, resolution, profile, level, and AFD code display
- Audio format, bitrate, sampling frequency, and number of channel display
- Complete PID/program bitrate display along with a PID map view
- Template creation and automated application for additional confidence monitoring